Friday, February 4, 2011

Some bibs for you

This is a bib I made for a baby shower gift. I more or less followed this tutorial at Make It - Love It. I think it turned out cute, but I probably wouldn't do it again. It took way too much time for something that's just going to be spit up and slobbered on.



This bib was much easier, and I actually like it better. I used a flannel print for the front and cut up a cheap hand towel for the back.


Oh, and I can't get out my sewing machine without making something out of Cheerios fabric. For the back of this one, I used the other cut-off leg of an old pair of sweats. I just knew those would come in handy someday.


I used buttonhole closures on most of these for several reasons. 1) I had buttons. 2) Velcro tends to stick to everything in the wash and eventually becomes unsticky. 3) I find that buttons or snaps work best to keep the bib on the baby. Velcro can be yanked off mid-meal and Lauren can lift the over-the-head ones over her head.

I'm glad I was already started on these. Now I can put away the darn machine and not get it out again until the last day of March.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

They are cute, Em. I like the squared-off one, but I can see it took extra sewing :)

Emily A. said...

Very cute, Emily! I love that Cheerio fabric!

Joanna said...

Pretty spiffy bibs! I'm glad the Cheerio fabric is still around :)

Janet said...

I'm sad I can't be the recipient of any of products of this month's challenge.
Cool bibs.

Margaret said...

Janet, I'm sure Sarah would be glad to make you a bib.

Shannon said...

Very cute. I hear ya though...it's kind of hard to invest a ton of time to make fun, cute things knowing what their purpose is!

Laura said...

Well done, Emily. Shannon, if you think investing in burp cloths is bad, trying making our own cloth diapers!

Shannon said...

Haha, good point Laura.