Monday, February 28, 2011

Aunt Emily's super last minute burp cloths!

I actually had good intentions about not being the absolutely last one done and doing it at the last minute.  Sigh.  Maybe in March.  Anyway, here are my burp cloths.

I don't know why blogger insiste on tipping the picture on its end.  You all should tip your head to the right .  They are a lot cuter that way.         




I bought the last two packages of cloth diapers in Rio Rancho, apparently.  And, I didn't want to buy any fabric because I have tons of fabric, mostly small yardages and scraps, that were given to me.  So, they aren't traditional baby type fabric, but I think they are cute.

Here are the first kind, with the rectangle of fabric down the center. 


Here is a close up of the light blue one.  It is flannel, with little dolphins embroidered on it.  It was left over from pillows the girls made. 

Again, with the weird rotation.  Tip you heads to the left and admire the cute dolphins.  Try to ignore the sewing that is wobbling all over the place.



Then, I tried another style of burp cloth.  This style has bands of fabric on each end so both the front and the back are cute enough for your baby to spit up on. 


And, last, but not least, I felt I needed to make one so that my future grandchildren can learn to appreciate their New mexico heritage.

Yes, folks, those are chili peppers.  Alas, I only had red chili pepper fabric.  The first think Todd asked was if I had one with green chilis on it.   Did you know that New Mexico has an official state question?  Red or Green?  As in "Do you want red or green with that".  They are talking about chili.  The correct answer, according to me, is green.

I was so inspired by Katie's  super cute burp cloths  (Thanks, Katie!) that I cut out a couple, but I haven't sewn them yet.  And, I had enough of several of the fabrics to make matching bibs.  Again, not sewn yet. 

4 comments:

Margaret said...

That's pretty much how I do all my sewing projects, Emily. I wait until the last possible minute then hurry to do it. All the burp cloths are cute, by the way.

Sarah said...

You have chili pepper fabric too?!

Emily A. said...

I do, Sarah. Well, not anymore, actually. I used it for burp cloths and diapers! Not something I would generally pick for myself. Someone gave it to me.

Laura said...

Wow. That's a lot of burp cloths. Good job on them. They are cute.