![]() | ||||
| I also made several of this kind. This time the thread happened to match, so the top stitching looks much better! |
![]() | ||||||||
| This one is my favorite. I made several like this and have already given some of them away. |
![]() | ||||||||
| And finally, here they are, all together on the back of my sofa. Strange place to keep your hot pads, you say? I would have to agree. |
Just a few random observations and questions:
1. Using matching or coordinating thread, as opposed to thread that clashes, makes your sewing look a lot better.
2. Why do hot pads have the little loop for hanging? I never hang up my hot pads. I might consider hanging these, though, because they are actually cute. My old ones were gnarly and disguating. More than one had a major burn mark on it.
3. The thread I was using on my sewing machine had STATIC CLING! How does that happen? Apparently I need to invest in a can of Static Guard for my sewing maching!




5 comments:
Afraid of a little snow! And how many years did you live in Minnesota?
Nice hot pads, by the way.
Just wondering...do the girls each have their own sewing machine? If you all used the same one, you seem to have exorcised whatever demons Erin was struggling with. Seriously, they're cute. Do you ever wash your hotpads? Mine get gross, so I wash them, but then they're never the same.
Emily, I am not afraid of a little snow. (And, it was really a LITTLE snow - about 3 inches.) I'm afraid of the other New Mexico drivers who seem to lose heads when they try to drive in any snow. They are seriously dangerous people. And we only lived in Minnesota for 6 1/2 years!
Margaret, the girl's do not have their own machines. I held and exorcism yesterday before I sat down to sew. I do wash my hot pads because they get all gross and disgusting, but they are never the same after that.
Not going out in the snow? You're kidding, right? Nice hotpads, tho (for a wimpy New Mexican...) I agree about the loops.
Hey, back off about the snow, people! I won't go out in it either, NOT because I don't know how to drive in it, but the MISSOURIANS I live around don't know how to drive in it!
And nice hot pads, Em.
Post a Comment