

This challenge was interesting because it forced me to sit down and really concentrate on every step. I made tons of mistakes but I learned the value in cutting AND sewing a straight line. The challenge also forced me to "think" like a sewer. Meaning I had to focus on how to lay the fabric so that the right side faced out, seam allowances, etc. The first pot holder looks like a young child may have sewn it but after some thought of what I did wrong, the second holder turned out decent looking. I can't wait for the next challenge.
Oh! Just so everyone knows, my name is Paula Roberts. I am married to Logan, Shane and Miriam oldest son. I don't know everyone on this blog so I thought I would kinda introduce myself.
9 comments:
Very cute, Paula! I love the colors!
They turned out cute, Paula. I have to admit that sometimes when I'm sewing something, I can't think through it and I have to either buy some cheap fabric and actually make a practice one, or I use paper pieces to help me visualize what I need to do.
These are stylish! Love the 4 different pieces.
4 different fabrics. Very ambitious, Paula. Good job! I'm Logan's favorite Allred aunt. (Just ask him...)
Paula, she's NOT his favorite aunt...she's his most spoiled aunt!
Paula, I believe I am Logan's favorite aunt. I believe he even said so on facebook!
Wow, I like the color combo - I wish I could put colors and patterns together like that!
By the way, this is cousin Emily, not Aunt Emily or Grandma Emily. Or the other cousin Emily. You probably think I'm very strange after my post, and well, I guess you're right.
Don't believe a word they say, Paula! They are just jealous because Mom and Dad love me best. Dad even said so in the hospital--I have witnesses! HaHaHa. Emily(niece Emily), I must confess that at first I did think you were Aunt Emily. Until I got to the pics of Lauren modeling and I thought "Why would Lauren be at the Pitt's house?" Not much gets by me!!
Paula, your hot pads turned out so cute. I love them. The fabric is great. Way to be ambitious and make more than one. I used scrap fabric and had barely enough for one. Super cute. Look at us, Roberts women, braving the sewing machine.
Post a Comment