Sunday, January 30, 2011

Los de Emily

I finally made the stupid hotpads. I can't believe how much fun I had making these hotpads! Sewing is the bees knees and I can't wait for the next project.

I went with an aquatic theme for my first hotpad.


I also named all the fish while I was sewing. Hi Tiny, Bubbles, Goldie, Sam, Sydney, Perth, Jimmer, Matt.

I went with a BYU theme for my second hotpad. I think I'll give it to Janet to match her BYU apron. I had some little iron-on patches that I thought would be perfect for this.


I meant for the patches to be in the middle of the squares, but I forgot about the seam allowance, which was generous. I had used the tiniest zigzag stitch to stitch them on, so there was no going back. This hot pad is definitely one of a kind. Sorry, I am unable to take orders at this time.

Then, because I lOvE sewing SO much, I did a bonus project and made some bibs. I hope this gets me an extra entry into the drawing.



Lauren was kind enough to try one on.


That's all.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, Em! Actually, I think burp cloths/bibs might be our next project. You should have held your picture of the bibs until then.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Nice job Emily! (Though I don't think I'm going to show Ben your 2nd hotpad or he'll ask why I didn't make him a BYU one. ;)

Becky and Todd said...

They look great and I'm glad you had SEW much fun:-)

Janet said...

YES! I can't wait until I get the one of a kind hotpad.
I'm glad you lOvE sewing so much.

Joanna said...

I'm sad that there wasn't a Roy, Pip, Scout,and Gerry to commemorate all the fishies that have filled our lives with joy.

Laura said...

Nice job, Emily. Love the BYU one. I have some BYU fabric scraps that I was thinking about making into a hot pad. Maybe I'll see what the future projects are.

Emily A. said...

Very nice, Emily. I especially enjoyed the fishie names! If you hadn't said anything, I would never have known the BYU patches weren't exactly where you wanted them!

Ryanne said...

I'm with Shannon, I can't show my Ben your BYU hot pads or he'll wonder why had to use hot pink and zebra fabric. I love the bibs. So cute.