Monday, January 10, 2011

Margaret's


Here are mine. You'll notice that I did not quilt them, but just topstitched around the edges. Also, I have to admit that I had to pick out the seams on my first one because when I was almost done, I discovered that I had stacked the layers incorrectly and the heat resistant layer was going to be on the outside :)

By the way, you don't really need the heat resistant fabric if you don't want. You could just use some extra layers of batting. I got my heat resistant fabric at Hancock Fabric-it looks like the silver ironing board cover stuff--but they also had some special heat resistant batting made especially for hot pads, etc. I was too cheap. I just used leftover batting.

I'm still planning on making several of these for my visiting teachees.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool, John Deere in the kitchen.

Janet said...

You're still planning on making me some, right (with not pink of course)?

Becky and Todd said...

Ah, John Deere never looked so good!

Joanna said...

Hey, my extra John Deere fabric! I'm glad it is getting good use:)

Laura said...

John Deere--love it. I would never have thought of that. I really like the pink/brown combo. I think I made some ties out of that same blue paisley fabric. Paisley is not a popular item around our house, so your hot pads got some groans! Not from me, though :)

Emily A. said...

I love the pink and brown!

Shannon said...

Cute, cute! I envy your straight lines. ;)