Monday, April 6, 2015

Some Dresses

Brooke doesn't have hardly any dresses in size 18 month and she has grown out ( in the belly I'm assuming) of all her 12 month clothes, including dresses. I made her some dresses out of almost all stuff I've had hanging around. I did buy some colored elastic online on the cheap and used that, but it was worth it.

The first was a very simple skirt, out of two squares of knit and an elastic waistband.  It looks really cute on Brooke when she wears her jean jacket with it.

 The following dress is my favorite.  I used a tutorial from Craftiness Is Not Optional. It was supposed to be for pre-Easter Sunday, but Brooke went through a phase where she woke up every time I turned the sewing machine on. I made it a touch big on purpose so she can wear it longer, plus I'm hoping she has a growth spurt sometime. The fabric was the fabric Mom used for the nieces' dresses for my wedding.



This t-shirt dress was a last minute addition.  I wasn't too impressed with it and pleats aren't my favorite thing to do ever, but it looked much cuter than I thought when I wrestled it on Brooke.  The pleats poof out just a little, but it's not too noticeable, plus if I figured out how to iron pleats it would help.



Brooke is low on summer clothes in general, so I have plans to make some normal clothes soon. Hopefully that happens soon and I will share those with you.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the square skirt a lot.

Joanna said...

I really like the Let's Fly a Kite dress (if that is what it's name is). I might make one for Meghan once she grows out of the million dresses she has already.