Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Winner and August Challenge

Sorry I'm late, ladies. Your skirts were all wonderful! I hope they get lots of use and don't just sit in your closet. The winner of the July challenge is Katie! Congrats, Katie! Your prize will be in the mail.

One reason I'm so slow is that I didn't know what to do for a challenge for this month. Laura sent me some ideas and Rene suggested something, but I want to save both of them for November. I have finally decided on a challenge for August and here it is: sew something to donate to the church's Humanitarian service projects. Here is a link telling what they need right now. I have sewn t-shirt dresses for them before. Here and here are a couple of links to make those. Other patterns are available for dresses, too. The burrito babies are here. Some of you have already sewn bibs--patterns abound on the internet.

Alternately, if you don't want to do a humanitarian services project, you can post a picture of anything at all that you sew in the month of August.

I thought I would tell you about the upcoming challenges so that you can get a head start if you want. September and October will be a two month challenge--a blanket of some sort, any sort. November will be Christmas gifts. More about both of those later, but you can start now if you want.

2 comments:

Emily A. said...

Congratulations Katie! Thanks again, Margaret for a great challenge.

Preston said...

Hey, if anyone wanted to, they could donate a size 3 (extra long) dress to me. We're pretty much our own humanitarian project over here :)