Monday, August 1, 2011

 I wanted to make a skirt that didn't cost me any money.  I dug through a bunch of fabric that had been given to me a couple of years ago.  Most of it is fairly small pieces, but there were a few fabrics that have enough to make a skirt.  I chose to use this one.  It had a border, but I chose not to use the border.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but it is a dark blue print on a slightly off white background.
 



 It was a little boring, so I decided to add three rows of red ribbon around the bottom.  I've had the red ribbon forever.  I don't remember what I bought it for.

Don't you love how Emily looks headless? 

 It only took about 1/2 hour to cut out and make the skirt, minus the ribbon.  The ribbon took me about 45 minutes!  All in all, I thought it turned out pretty well.



No comments: