I need to have someplace where I make note of things I need to sew and finish this year. This seemed like a good place, so here goes.
1. A gray skirt that fits well. I've made a pretty decent brown tweed-like skirt, so I plan on using the same pattern with a few minor adjustments. I have some other fabric I'd like also sew into similar skirts.
2. A casserole carrier. This is potluck year, so I'll probably enjoy having one to haul stuff to church and back.
3. A couple of these little things. I'm already of this gloves and hats hanging around on the kitchen floor forever. Maybe Russell and Meghan can be convinced to put their gloves in there.
4. Another one or two of these bags. I know I am going to make at least one for my friend's birthday.
5. More burp cloths. There are several people in the ward having babies (some with their first). I feel like a burp cloth expert since I have used so many, and I feel like the ones Sarah made me are the best in the world. So, I'll probably make some for them.
6. Also, I have found a charity in town that gives a baby bundle to new moms in need. They accept a wide range of things, so I might make some bibs, burp cloths and receiving blankets. Maybe if I feel really up to it, I can also sew some baby cloths, but they are so small and I don't like sewing small things.
7. A car seat poncho for Meghan since I failed miserably at the first attempt.
8. Some sweatshirts. For me, and the kids. Maybe even Ben. Then he would have something warm that actually does fit him long enough in the body and the arms. I feel pretty good about the hooded sweatshirt I made earlier in the fall, so I think making a non hooded one might be pretty easy.
9. Some pajama eaters. They are little monsters with a zippered pocket to put pajamas in. I've had the pattern for years.
10. Also, something that I might be able to sell at craft shows. I still have some swaddles, and maybe I'll stick with them. Hats for our etsy shop?
3 comments:
I've been making some prefold burp cloths because they are so easy and our little Walmart carries the prefolds. The big ones are just so much work and take so much batting. That's probably why they are better.
I am looking for a church bag that is a little bit bigger than the kid I have made. I ruined two binders now trying to stuff them into my slightly-too-small bag.
Maybe I'll crochet a bunch newborn hats and give them to you to donate. That'd be good.
And you have pajama eaters? I thought about making those for your kids for Christmas next year, but you already have a pattern. Did you buy it? I want to make them for my kids.
I really want to make me a maxi dress this year with Hancock Fabric fabric, but I don't trust myself or the tutorial I found.
Post a Comment