Tuesday, December 27, 2016

My Recent Sewing

 This was Meghan's Christmas dress. I didn't get a picture of her in it. It is made from a stretch velvet knit fabric that I got from the remnant bin at Hancock thinking it was just red jersey knit. It sew really nicely and easily, so I was happy about that. The only problem was that I only had just enough to make the dress. I just used one of Meghan's shirts to draft a quick pattern for the top, and then I made a circle skirt for the bottom.I added the trim and was done!

Meghan loves it. The couple times I had her try it on, she didn't want to take it off. Then when I told her she can wear it to church after Christmas, she said it was only for Christmas. Whatever.


This is a purse that I sewed up to replace my other purse that was starting to rip where the handles attached to the purse. I loved that purse. It was roomy, but still wasn't huge. I could fit enough baby stuff in that when I didn't need to be hauling extra outfits and bottles/cups and endless snacks, I could get away with just my purse and an almost empty pack of wipes, a diaper or two, and a little bag of snacks if needed. It was awesome.
 Anyway, I went to Jo-Ann because they were having a good sale on flannel and fleece, plus I had a 20% off total purchase coupon I could use on my purchases. This gray floral fabric is prequilted. It gives the right amount of structure without being super stiff. I did add a lining even though it already had fabric on both sides. I didn't want to see any unfinished seams. I used this tutorial. I still need to attach a snap. I have it. I just need to stick it in. I made sure to make the pockets with one big enough to hold my phone, plus three more generous sized pockets. The only thing that would make it better is a zipper pocket, but I'll worry about that when I make another one.

No comments: