Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stepping it up--April Challenge

Okay, this month we are going step it up a little and involve a ZIPPER in our challenge. So this month's challenge is a zippered pouch. It can be a cosmetic bag, a pencil pouch, organizer--whatever you would like to call it. But it has to have a zipper closure. There are many tutorials out there, but here is one you can use. Just ignore the instructions about the iron on decorations (unless you want to put iron on decorations on your bag.) Just a note for any who may not know--if you have old zippers around the house that are longer than the size you need, you can still use one of those for this project. A zipper with plastic teeth can be cut off at the size you need and used without any problem. Here's an explanation of how to do it. Have a happy sewing month!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Uggghhhh! I HATE zippers, Margaret! As a matter of fact, I was just thinking of how much I hate them a day or two ago. But I will keep my feelings to myself so as not to influence Katie to feel the same way. Maybe she'll love 'em!

Margaret said...

But look at it, Laura, it's relatively painless.