This is my zipper bag. I think the fabrics match well. I used a music pattern that my mom had leftover for the outside. I accidentally sewed one of the outside pieces upside down so one side is right side up and the other is wrong side down! OOPSY! I used red for the lining. I used an old zipper my mom had, it was to long, but we cut it off the extra. My problem was that the lining was bigger than the outside. When I was done, the lining kept on getting caught in the zipper, so while my mom was making hers, she sewed a line right under the zipper so it would stay in place. I took it to church the next day :)
5 comments:
Great job, Katie! You would not be the first member of the family to sew something upside down! A dress with mushrooms on it made by Aunt Susan comes to mind.
Very cute, Katie! You did a great job.
Cute bag, Katie. I like the music fabric. Sewing fabric upside down must be a trait of young women. I was glad to see I wasn't the only YW who sewed things upside down. At YW last night, the YW all wore their PJ's. One of them had on a pair she made in FACS class and the little ducks on the fabric were upside down on one leg. Having empathy for her, I didn't say anything about it!
Katie, super job. I really like that music fabric and I agree that the red goes perfectly with it!
Looks great, Katie. I like the music fabric. I think I like yours better than mine. Want to trade?
Post a Comment