Tuesday, November 3, 2015

UPDATE: Quilt

UPDATE: I sent this off to my friend and she got it yesterday. She loved it, even with all it's craziness. What she said was crazy was that she was 32 and didn't own a blanket. You never know what someone might love.

.......................................................................................................................................
I brought one of those quilt tops home with me after going through Mom's fabric. I had no idea what I would do with it.

When we were in Arizona, I spent an evening with my companion who lives there. In conversation she mentioned not having any blankets. I couldn't believe it! I knew that this quilt top was going to be living with her. I only had to buy batting to finish it off. I had the backing from a lady who died back in our first married ward. Her husband wanted to give the fabric to someone who would make good use of it. To finish it off, I tied it with some yarn I had. After working on this project, I decided I liked several of the fabrics whoever made the top used. Too bad it went into this quilt top, and I didn't get just a huge bolt of it. 

2 comments:

Janet said...

The quilt top does look really good from the pictures, better than I remember. It makes me want the quilt, too, but we definitely don't need another one.

Emily said...

What does she have on her bed? I wish we had fewer blankets, especially baby blankets. I hope the quilt keeps your companion warm through those cold Arizona winters.