Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ruffle skirt

In a marathon sewing spree, I made this skirt:

 Crooked hip.


It looks a little more like a tutu than I had envisioned, but hopefully the ruffles will sit a little better after awhile. It's also a size or two too big, but since I wasn't using a pattern, I wanted to be sure I didn't make it too small.

I didn't have a zipper, and after I had all the fabric, I realized I needed one. Luckily, I had a skirt that used to be Janet's that she was going to give to DI. I kept it for the fabric, and when I started making my skirt, I realized it had a zipper, so I pulled it out and used it. I think it looks fine, but some people in this household want me to redo the skirt with a black zipper. It's more likely that I'll try and color the green zipper with a Sharpie.


Ultimately, the skirt was way more work than I wanted, and didn't really turn out how I imagined, but I'm happy with it.

1 comment:

Emily A. said...

Cute, Sarah! I have wanted to make a skirt like that for a while now. You've inspired me!