Thursday, July 14, 2011

Katie's skirt





I think I'm the first one done! Wow, I didn't think that would happen. The fabric was on sale for a dollar a yard, about. So it was a pretty good deal. I think the hardest part would have been... the ruffles. In the picture you can see how we just sewed the ruffle on top of the skirt. We only had to use one yard of fabric, and we didn't have any scraps. It matches pretty well with that tanktop and jacket, though I didn't think I had anything to wear with the skirt that would match but still look cute. If you want an easy skirt, you should use this pattern. Here is the website.





5 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, Katie, very impressive! The skirt is awesome and looks really good with the top and jacket. Great job!

Emily A. said...

Very cute, Katie! Ruffles can be tricky sometimes. It looks beautiful!

Laura said...

Good job, Katie. The ruffle was kind of hard. Sorry--I tell you things will be easy, then they turn out to be harder for you than I think they will!

Alice said...

You did GREAT Katie!! You look really good in it and the skirt itself looks so pretty! If you had any trouble with the ruffle it doesn't show!

P.S. This is Alice's youngest daughter commenting by the way!

Becky and Todd said...

You should be a model, Katie! Oh, and the skirt looks fantastic, too.