Thursday, March 10, 2011

Becky's Pillows





Attached are my pillow pictures. The two pillow forms I had already covered with an old, ugly bedspread, so I thought I'd use those. But in trying to save money, I think I spent more! I realized it would take more fabric (larger pillows), had to run and buy the backing, and then mistakenly cut one of the back pieces. What's that saying I keep forgetting? Oh yea, measure TWICE, cut ONCE, not cut, cut, cut and then sew what you cut! If only I could remember BEFORE I cut!

Anyway, you can see that the back is contrasting. And there's a before and after shot of my bed with the pillows. I love them despite the headache I caused myself over them!

Thanks again for another wonderful learning project!
Becky

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I like the way the fabric contrasts with your bedspread, Becky! What is it they say--it makes it pop!

Emily A. said...

Very stylish, Becky. The color contrast is fab! I've had a few of those measure once, cut, sew back together kinda experiences lately!

Joanna said...

I think I am going to use that chartruese fabric for some of my pillows!

Laura said...

Nice job on the pillows, Becky. I know what you mean about trying to save money. I usually end up spending more money and time trying to do things the cheap way!

Shannon said...

Very, very cute!