I got this value fabric from Walmart a year or two ago and I've been waiting around until Owen needed a suit. I finally got it done, and I actually made the suit coat instead of opting for the much easier vest. I meant to take a picture of him in the ensemble before we went to church, but I forgot, so Brian took this picture while we were waiting for church to start.
I think it's adorable, although the fabric is pretty bulky and doesn't drape (it's stretchy suiting). The one problem is that I put the chest pocket on the wrong side of the jacket. Oh well. I think it's still good enough to enter into the fair next year. I also lined it with some hot pepper fabric I've had since I started sewing. It was the only dark choice of fabric I was willing to give up.
We got some better pictures:
| Owen broke his glasses... |
No comments:
Post a Comment