Friday, August 26, 2016

Temple Dress

Ever since I've owned my temple dress, I have wanted a new one. It has only gotten worse since having kids and not being as skinny as I was before. I always thought a nice long sleeve maxi dress in knit would be comfortable, so I spent time looking for any patterns that would be easy enough. After I realized I didn't want to sew sleeves, I decided I would just find a white cardigan and then just sew a short sleeve dress. I followed this tutorial making some changes here and there.

It has an elastic waist and the top drapes over the waist. There are a few things I need to fix, plus it needs hemmed. But, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Especially since I have a cardigan to wear over any awkward parts of the top. 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks comfy. Are you afraid that you'll be too hot wearing a sweater?

Janet said...

Don't we have the same temple dress? I like mine fine, but I do get what you mean about having kids asking it tighter ( in the hips I assume, as is the case with me). You are also ambitious.

Joanna said...

Sas-My old dress was really hot already, and did not breathe well. The sweater will be much better.

Jan-Yes. My problem is my arms/shoulders. It is way too tight. My hips haven't been a problem.