Here is Owen's handmade gift for this Christmas. I made it (and Brooke's) during the summer.
Owen's is made from some small-wale brown corduroy I have had for awhile. I looked for home decor/canvas duck fabric to use, but I couldn't find anything I liked for a boy. Joanna mentioned the corduroy fabric she used to recover their chair, and that reminded me that I had this stuff. It's pretty flimsy, but it should still be fine for a toddler backpack.
I used a (non-matching) zipper from Mom and I made up the tractor applique. I didn't know whether I had the lite or heavy-duty heat and bond, so to be sure it didn't peel off, I handstitched around it. Bleh. It looks nice though. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure it was the heavy duty. It was hard to sew through.
![]() |
| Holly photobombed |
Brook's backpack is a replica of Camille's. I mistakenly bought double the fabric needed when I made Camille's, so this worked out perfectly. Camille's has a white zipper, and Brooke's is red. And Brooke's is better made since I've improved with experience. I even zigzagged the seams so they wouldn't fray.






1 comment:
Now Brooke won't be surprised when she reads the blog and sees this posted.
I think it's very cute and I'm excited she can haul her junk to church herself now. You are a talented seamstress.
Post a Comment