It is size 12-24 months. I made the sleeves a little long in hopes that it will fit for two winters. We'll see.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Downton Duffle #2
Last week I finished Owen's winter coat. I used the same pattern as last year. I scored the gray windowpane wool online from Hancock for $3.77/yard, which is an awesome price for wool. It's a nice weight, too. I used more leftovers for the lining and interlining: black knit for the lining, polyester lining fabric for the sleeves so its easier to slide arms through, microfleece from a jacket mom left here for the hood lining, and leftover fleece for the interlining. The toggles were again the most expensive part. If I plan on making lots of these coats I should actually buy some pleather and cording to make my own toggles. The zipper is actually a two-way zipper from Mom. I don't plan on using the two-way feature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I should get this pattern and make Meghan a coat.
Why is your child so adorable?
It's genetic, obviously. The coat would be cute in a girly fabric with contrasting shoulder patches.
Post a Comment