So, I spent a little bit of time thinking of something that would be a good traditional costume, but also pretty easy to sew. That's why I decided on a mummy.
There were few tutorials on how to make a toddler mummy costume, so at first I was just going to sew lots of strips from an old sheet onto long johns from Savers. Fail. Non-stretchy cotton sewn onto stretchy long johns didn't work.
Then I found a lady online who made a mummy costume for her toddler. She sewed some super simple pants and then a simple peasant top and that was the costume. She sewed the strips onto the fabric before sewing them into the shirt and pants. It was easy! The only other minor problem I had was that I apparently didn't measure Russell's upper arms very well because the sleeves were super tight on his bulging bi-ceps and shoulders.
| This was before I put the finishing touches on the costume. |
2 comments:
Very cute and creative!
Cute. I felt the exact same way about sewing Raggedy Ann for Camille.
Post a Comment