Saturday, January 5, 2013

Play mat

One of the other gifts I made this Christmas was a dinosaur play mat. I saw the idea on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it out. Luckily, Russell had Tanner in the cousin gift exchange, so I had the chance to make it (Russell still doesn't care much for toys like that.)

 
We sent along a package of dinosaurs so Tanner can have fun playing dinosaurs on his little mat. 

It was a pretty easy project. I just used her pattern. I accidentally got the iron on stuff that also required you to sew it as well, so I added some nice hand stitched details to keep all the little pieces on. I had tons of fun making it and kept showing Ben how cute it was as I was making it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I saw that and liked it. I think I like it better with the hand stitching, but there'e no way I'd choose to hand sew.

Joanna said...

Yeah, it was an unfortunate error that turned out pretty cool. I'm way bad at trying to machine sew things like that.

Janet said...

You had fun sewing?

Emily said...

Lol, Janet. Lol.