Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Blankie for Tanner




I, too, have finished my blanket. I wanted to make a rag quilt and decided to make one for Tanner. So here it is. I enjoyed sewing it together. I did not enjoy cutting out the blocks (I've already said that I'm not good with a rotary cutter!) or cutting the seams to make them rag. In fact, that part was downright tedious. I have fabric to make two more rag blankets, but I'm rethinking that right now.



Also, I wanted to post a picture of a dress I made Janet. It sat on my sewing machine for 9 months. It was a pain because it was totally lined. I think it's cute; however, I fear the top was too big and the skirt too tight. Sarah is making alterations for us, so maybe at some point, Janet will post a picture of her wearing it.

No comments: